Clip Art Freebies About Me Home

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Grandparent's Day Card and Writing Activities

It's been busy at the Calenti household but I have managed to put together a Grandparent's Day Craft-Card and writing activities packet.  Having three grandchildren makes this holiday near and dear to my heart :).

I've chosen to go the trophy route for the cover craft.  Today's grandparents come in all shapes and sizes, colors, and activity levels.  Many of us are not quite ready for the rocking chair!   So I wanted something that honors all grandparents for their many years of "1st Place" parenting!   

Cute story:  My granddaughter said last week "You know grandma, you're in really good shape".  She was kind enough to leave out the "for an old lady" part!  Bless her heart!

This was much needed  because when I was coming off a hike in Colorado (9,000 feet) a 4 years old coming up the trail with his dad, stopped me to ask "Lady, how old are you?".  I answered very old.  This did not work for him so he said, "No, how many years are you?".  I answered 62... his eyes widened and he said, "Wow that is REALLY old!".  His dad proceeded to say , "See even this grandma likes to hike".  I think I was an object lesson that morning. 



Click here to head over to my TpT store


The craft  activity (card cover) can be easily completed by your students with minimal guidance.  The writing activities which can be used as the card filler or a mini-book include:

    * My grandma is the best because... (primary and secondary lines).
    * My grandpa is the best because... (primary and secondary lines).
    * My grandparents are the best because... (primary and secondary lines).
    * A picture of my grandma  (frame for drawing)
    * A picture of my grandpa  (frame for drawing)
    * A picture of my grandparents  (frame for drawing)
    * Things I do with my grandma (create a list)
    * Things I do with my grandpa (create a list)
    * Things I do with my grandparents (create a list)
    * Grandmas (Can, Have, Need)  (primary and secondary lines).
    * Grandpas (Can, Have, Need)  (primary and secondary lines).
    * Grandparents (Can, Have, Need)  (primary and secondary lines).
    * My grandma... (finish the sentences)  Great finish the sentences- darling children responses!
    * My grandpa... (finish the sentences)   Great finish the sentences- darling children responses!


All patterns and illustrated directions are included.  This activity provides a fun and creative way to celebrate Grandparent's Day and practice those writing skills.


Have a great week!

Granny (Cindy)

No comments:

Post a Comment