Clip Art Freebies About Me Home

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Word Family Work


After three weeks of working with this year's group of firsties it became clear to us that we need to provide some intense practice and review of word families and high frequency words.

Now each day we will have at least one literacy center focusing on the word family of the week, as well as the key high frequency words of the week.  This is followed up with 3-4 days of word family homework activities.   This equates to  a LOT of critical practice and review!

During this first month of school we covered the following word families: "at"; "an"; "it; "ot" and the first 20 high frequency words.  Thirty two activities later I can say that we are seeing some amazing results.

Here is an example of one week's activities


  

 

 



http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Word-Work-Set-1-at-an-it-ot-and-1st-20-HFW-1421526


You can pick up a copy of this packet with 32 print and go activities (all Common Core Standards aligned) in my TpT store: 

Have a great holiday weekend.

P.S.  I will be offering this 32 activity packet for FREE on Labor Day, Sept 1, 2014.  Please, please review it.  I would really appreciate the feedback!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful packet. Mrs. Leeby sent me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the packet! I think you did a great job with the variety offered with each word family. This will be something that I use within my word work center for sure. I can't wait to see the other sets. Thank you so much! I left feedback on Facebook as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read about this in your tpt follower email. Thank you so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete