Three of the seven are either in foster care or have been removed from their homes a variety of times. The opportunity to practice reading with an adult at home is quite limited. Their access to books at home is also quite limited.
So.... I spent quite a bit of time looking for books just slightly above the beginning patterned book level. I wanted some thing that would:
- Provide practice decoding CVC words and word families
- Provide practice reading high-frequency words in the context of sentences
- Provide something could be taken home and practiced independently
This order was harder to fill than I expected. So I created my own emergent reader and five follow up activities. Because the reader is my own printable, I was able to give each child his own copy to take home and practice.
|Click here to head over to my TpT store|
The packet contains: My Bug Doug Printable Emergent Reader (and 5 follow up activities):
- A Word Family ("Ug") Slider and Recording Sheet (Read It, Write It, Stamp It)
- Read the Room Cards (2 sets: Real "ug" words and Nonsense "ug" words)
- Spin and Cover Game
- Bugs, Bugs, Bugs: "Ug" Board Game
- A B C Order Work
If this packet is something you think you can use, please leave a comment along with your email address so I can share a few copies with my followers.
And now for the freebie. Enjoy this fall number sequencing puzzle. It come in three versions: Sequence by 1's, skip count by 2's and skip count by 5's.
|Clip here to download the PDF|
Have a great weekend.