Clip Art Freebies About Me Home

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted Linky Party

I'm joining up with Mrs. Reed at Flying into First Grade for her first ever linky party.


Here are the rules: Share 3 things about yourself that you like or like to do using your initials. 

My initials are CYC.

C is for "crafty".  I love doing artsy things.  As a matter of fact I do a TON of mosaics.  I make my own tiles (I have a kiln) and create all sorts of benches, garden plaques, trivets, tables, etc.  I even laid mosaic on my back patio (500 square feet) during the month of July in Arizona.  My family is afraid to stand still for fear that I'll mosaic them! Here is a link to my mosaics website.


Y is for "yen".  I have a real yen for travel.  Last summer my husband and I spent three weeks in London and Spain.  This summer we'll be going to Germany, Austria, and Croatia.  I am really looking forward to this" road trip"  in Europe. 

Croatia
 C is for "cooking".   I love to cook and especially love to bake.  I went to the Pillsbury Bake-Off about 18 years ago.  I also won a three week trip to Europe (about 25 years ago) as the grand prize winner of a baking contest.  Haven't won anything since then but I can always look back and remember :)   My greatest fans are my grandchildren.



On a side note,  the winner of the $65.00 in educational games from Blue Orange Games is:


Congrats Rachael!

Have a great week-
Granny (Cindy) 

11 comments:

  1. I love the way you incorporated the word 'yen'. My last initial is 'W' and I couldn't figure out a word to go with that... then I remembered that my favorite thing in the world is my 'whippersnapper'!

    My Kinder-Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean... those last letters are tough to work with! BTW- your baby is DARLING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You won a trip to Europe?! For baking!? I am totally and completely impressed!
    You amaze, Cindy!

    Irene

    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trips sound amazing!

    Celia
    Www.blueeye life.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes- we really do love traveling!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! I love all of the same things you like to do too! Croatia looks beautiful! I never tried mosaics before. Looks like I need to find a new project to tackle for spring break.

    Andrea
    Cheers To School

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be warned, making mosaics is addictive! I do hope you have a chance to try it.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to meet you through the linky! I'm a new follower who also loves to travel. Wish I had time for more creative outlets though!

    Hokie Teach

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by! I just came from your blog- and I love all your family pictures.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just stumbled upon your blog through the linky party! I also LOVE to bake...although my creations are probably not award worthy :)

    Jessica
    The Littlest Scholars

    ReplyDelete