Clip Art Freebies About Me Home

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

We "Owl" Love Fall: Super Easy Craft and Center Activities

The little firsties that I am working with LOVE art projects.  This early in the school year, I am finding that simple is the most successful. We "Owl" Love Fall is our next project. We'll be putting the following owls together tomorrow and following up with a 5 senses writing prompt and acrostics poem writing activity.  I am saving the "I Love Fall Because..."  and the Roll and Cover Math Owls for next week. 

Click here to head over to TpT
Click here to head over to TpT








I'll also be reading the following book as an introduction and brainstorming kick-off to the concept of our fall 5 senses.  The rhythm of the text and mixed up concepts makes for a hilarious read and great critical thinking discussion.  It's a hoot!



"Every Septober, Every Octember, Fall fills my senses with scenes to remember." "Bears gather nuts. Geese hibernate. Squirrels fly south in big figure eights." Fall is all mixed up in this silly book from Bob Raczka! Can you find his mistakes in the words and pictures? (Amazon excerpt).

I'll post pictures of the finished products this weekend.
 Happy fall ya all!

 

2 comments:

  1. Love these little owls! "Owlspecially" cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, fall. My favourite time of the year:)
    Your kids are going to LOVE those owl activities!

    ReplyDelete