Clip Art Freebies About Me Home

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

AMAZING ipad Application!

Do you know GoodReader for the ipad?  It's an amazing interactive PDF reader.

Click here to get more details.


I purchased it on Saturday night and used it Monday morning with the 6 firsties that I tutor.  It's amazing for the following reasons:

  • You can download all your PDF learning units and activities directly on to the ipad. 
  • Each child can write, draw, circle, trace, etc. directly on the page, on your ipad.
  • You can save each child's work.
  • Children have a full, colored screen page to work on.
  • It saves on TONS of copying and laminating.  All I took with me on Monday morning was my ipad and a stylus.  
  • You can easily change up activities based on each child's level.
My little ones loved working on the ipad, in color and with a stylus.  I decided to have them use a stylus (as opposed to their fingers) so that they were practicing their pencil holding and writing skills.  Here are some example of what they worked on.

The children traced, wrote, and drew. 
 
Instead of cutting and pasting, the children put circles and squares around the images and then wrote the words.
My photos of the images on the ipad do not do the activity visuals justice.  They are way cuter and more colorful than I could capture on my camera.  Taking pictures of things on the ipad is more difficult than one would imagine!  Anyway..... 

Wondering where I got those delightful activities?  I used Mrs. Wheeler's "Now Presenting Magic E" pack.  This 120 page packet is full of activities perfect for advanced kinders, 1st graders, and 2nd graders that may need some review.  The activities were varied enough to meet the needs of all the little ones I am working with.  

Click here to head over to Mrs. Wheeler's TpT Store
Contents of the pack

I also used Lisa's (Growing Firsties) October Common Core Crunch.  This 32 page pack had a huge range of activities.  It contains:
Word Families
How To Writing
Font Sorts
Digraphs
Beginning/Ending Sounds
Letter, Word or Sentence?
Case: Upper, lower, title
CVC sorts
Syllable Counting
List making
ABC Order
Vowels

Click here to head over to Lisa's TpT Store

The students were even able to work on the activities that might normally be set up for cut, sort, and paste action.  We became innovative and they learned to sort by highlighting in various colors, drawing arrows, and marking with circles and squares.

If you have started working on that Christmas list... I would definitely suggest adding GoodReader for the ipad and Lisa's  and Megan's literacy packs. 


Have a great day!
Granny (Cindy)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this idea! It sounds like it would work great in my class. I need to go check this out now!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an AMAZING app, Cindy!!!! Thanks SO much for the shout out!!!!! Hugs to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this app, Cindy. I have one little boy who would really benefit.
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Cindy for sharing this app! It will definitely go on my wish list! Hope I can get it approved for purchase through our schools for our ipads.

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, this is one of my favorite apps too. I am lucky enough to have a big screen TV and apple TV to airplay the iPads too as well. This works well with this too, seeing their work HUGE is always fun! Fun in K/1

    ReplyDelete